The Club Rebuilding Award Initiative recognizes Lions who help rebuild a club that has been canceled, placed in status quo or has fewer than 15 members. The initiative addresses four areas of concentration that are necessary for a club to be viable and strong. These areas include:
- Membership Strength – It is important that the club have a pool of members to lead the club and undertake service projects.
- Meaningful Service Projects – Meaningful service projects are key to retention, public relations and membership recruiting.
- Club Management – While service is key, each club must report regularly and keep member records current to insure involvement.
- Financial Viability – Each club must keep the club account current to enable the association to provide continued support for the club.
The award is bestowed at the recommendation of the governor, or district governor team member, with the approval of the district governor when the following requirements are met. The award cannot be awarded to the district governor. One award may be given for each club rebuilt.
- The Lion nominated to receive the award must have played a key role in recruiting new members to revitalize the club, in helping the club develop new
- activities, and in ensuring that the club is guided and motivated as it rebuilds;
- For a club not yet cancelled, suspended or in status quo, the award is conferred when the Lion helps rebuild a club of less than 15 and the club achieves an active club membership of 20 within the lionistic year. The club must be in good standing, have initiated a new service project, filed monthly membership reports for three consecutive months and paid the club account in full for the next per capita billing to be conferred.
- For a club that is already cancelled, suspended or in status quo, the award is conferred after the club is reactivated and has a minimum of 20 members. The club must be in good standing, have initiated a new service project, filed monthly membership reports for three consecutive months and paid the club account in full for the next per capita billing to be conferred.
A nomination form is available from the District and Club Administration Division.
District and Club Administration Division 630-468-6828 or firstname.lastname@example.org